Saturday, December 18, 2004

Kabhi Pardes Kabhi Swades...

I m just back after watching ‘Swades’ directed by Oscar nominated veteran, Ashutosh Gowarikar. I have always seen the Hindi movie directors flaunting with the script such that they are able to make a complete family loving sentimental reel, this one was yet another toast.

The theme of the movie is personally quite close to my heart. It hits a very major cause that is often ignored by many, that of India’s poverty and under-development. And since the time that chauvinist feeling has popped in me I have always started propagating and deliberating the issues of India’s development. I know some call India a dead toad for no matter how much you beat around the bush, you can’t give life to it; still it is my motherland and I just can’t afford to ignore it.

I liked the movie for mainly three reasons: The cast, the music and the jingoism that has been portrayed. One thing that really bothered me was the fact that the US, especially NASA was very much highlighted in the movie. Might be because Ashutosh has realized that this flick also has a potential of being an underdog, if nominated for the Oscar and by including a little bit of foreign clippings, he might just make it thru. Is Ashutosh Listening?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home